If you are looking into nail techniques, you probably wonder whether gel or Shellac is kinder to nails? The answer is- Shellac will damage your natural nails less than gel.
Shellac is a popular option because it lasts longer than gel manicures, but the removal process takes more time.
Gel polish tends to be thinner and therefore gives nails space for growth; Shellac does not stick around as long on your natural nail bed, so if you want sturdy, healthy-looking toes, then this one’s right up there in thickness; with them!
Whatever nail technique you choose, don’t forget that your natural nails need some recovery time nonetheless.
Recovery time means at least one week without any chemicals on your nails. If you want to speed up this time, use olive oil and cuticle oil for your natural nails.
Using cooking oils will do wonders for your natural nails, and you will be ready for your next nails treatment in no time.
Which type of manicure lasts the longest, gel or Shellac?
The gel lasts longer than Shellac on your nails. Shellac is a long-lasting alternative to traditional polish that often lasts as long as 10-14 days. Gel, however, can last for three weeks or more depending on your individual needs and preferences!
When it comes to longevity, gel wins the game, but don’t forget that gel needs more application and more removal time.
The gel is one of the most durable nail techniques, so women choose either dip powder or gel when they want long-lasting nails.
Also, the gel won’t chip as long as you take care of your nails properly and the gel is applied correctly.
Pros of shellac nail colour?
If you want to know all the pros of Shellac nail colour, check out this list below:
1. Shellac nail colour is a great alternative to other types of polish
2. It’s easy to take off and doesn’t damage your nails as much as other polishes do
3. The colour selection is wider than what you can find with other brands
4. You don’t need to use a UV light, which makes it perfect for people who want their nails done at home
5. Shellac nail colour lasts longer than traditional polish does without chipping or peeling off
6. It dries quickly and doesn’t require the use of a topcoat, so there’s less waiting time between coats
7. Shellac nail colour can be removed easily with acetone for easy touch-ups
With so many benefits, it’s clear that shellac nail polish is the best choice for any woman who wants beautiful nails on the go!
Pros of gel nails?
1. Gel nails are a good option for people who have trouble with their natural nails
2. They can last up to 2 weeks, which is much longer than acrylic or traditional nail polish
3. It’s easier to remove gel nails than other types of artificial nails
4. If you’re looking for something low-maintenance and easy, gel nails may be the best choice for you!
5. The process only takes about an hour – so it’s faster than getting your hair done at the salon!
6. Gel manicures also look more natural and less fake than acrylics do – even though they’re just as strong!
7. When you remove gel nail polish, it doesn’t take off any of your natural nail colours with it
8. It’s easy to take off gel nails when you want because it’s not an uncomfortable process like removing acrylics from your natural nail bed.
What nail treatment is best for your nails?
The best nail treatment for your nails depends on what you want to get out of the product. If you want a natural-looking manicure, then regular nail polish is perfect for you.
If you’re looking for something more long-lasting and durable, gel manicures are a great option. Acrylic nails are also popular because they last longer than other treatments and don’t require any upkeep.
Remember to take care of your cuticles to keep them healthy and avoid infections! Regularly trimming your nails will help prevent hangnails or breaks that can be painful when they happen.
Pro tip: Keep your hands moisturized by using lotion every day – this will help prevent dryness and cracking on your fingers.
Take care of cuticles with oil or cream each night before bed so they stay healthy and hydrated.
Conclusion: Which is kinder to nails gel or Shellac?
The bottom line is that Shellac will damage your natural nails less than gel. If you are looking for a manicure or pedicure with longevity, Shellac may be the best option.
But if you want to switch colours every few weeks and don’t mind using acetone nail polish remover at home, then it might be worth trying out some new shades of gel when they come in season.
Regardless of what type of product you choose, make sure to take care of yourself by visiting a nail salon regularly so we can keep your nails healthy!
Shellac nail colour is a great alternative to other types of polish. It’s easy to take off and doesn’t damage your nails as much as other polishes do. You don’t need a UV light, which makes it perfect for people who want their nails done on the go or in public.
The wide range of colours means you’ll always find something new and fun!
If you’re looking for a natural-looking manicure, then regular nail polish is perfect. It’s best to apply two coats of colour and one coat of clear gloss (or topcoat) at the end.
This will make your nails look shiny and healthy without any artificial shine or texture that gel polishes can give them.
If you want something more long-lasting but don’t like taking care of it yourself, acrylic nails are also popular because they last longer than other treatments and don’t require any upkeep after application.
For example, if you get an acrylic manicure every two weeks instead of once a month, your nails will grow out less often, which means there’ll be less chance for chipping!
Check out our list above for all the pros of Shellac nail paint; we hope these points will help you make an informed decision next time you’re at the salon getting your nails done (or if they’re currently painted with another type of polish).