Are skin-lightening creams available at stores causing tough time to your skin? Let us teach you DIY method to make your own skin whitening cream.
Almost every person wants to achieve a fair and flawless skin. Blemishes, sun spots, freckles, discolorations, and hyperpigmentation – all make your skin dark that becomes difficult to be covered up with makeup. For this purpose, people try to get their hands on skin lightening cream to solve all this fuss in one go.
But waittt! Skin-lightening creams available in the market prove to be too pricey for us. On the top of this, they are jampacked with harsh chemicals that exert various side effects on your skin. Want to go for some natural skin-lightening creams to be made at home super easily?
This article sheds light on some of the ways to make skin whitening creams at home with little effort on your part.
DIY Methods to Make Skin Lightening Cream at Home
Let’s dive into the contents to have an account of effective DIY skin lightening creams.
Method # 01: Using Almond with Honey, Yoghurt and Turmeric Powder
- Take almond flour/almond powder and mix it with honey, turmeric powder, lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Continuously stir it until it gets blended properly.
- Apply small amount of this paste on your face at night before going to bed.
- Avoid applying this homemade skin-lightening cream during day as lemon juice causes adverse effects on skin when exposed to sun.
- With daily use, you will be able to witness results in almost 2 weeks.
This DIY skin-lightening cream is filled with nourishing features of honey, turmeric powder and yoghurt, that not only gives a subtle glow to your skin but also enhances the overall skin tone and texture.
An easy-peasy tip is to store this skin-lightening cream in an air tight jar and keep it in the refrigerator. Take it out from refrigerator only when you want to use it. Use it within 7 days.
Method # 02: Using Drops of Fresh Green Tea
- To prepare this skin-lightening cream, you need to mix 3tbs of pure sandalwood with few drops of fresh green tea.
- If you want to go an extra mile then add few drops of cucumber juice in it.
- Apply this cream on your face and massage it in circular motions. Let it dry out completely.
- Once dried, remove this cream from your face with the help of a wet washcloth.
As far as effectiveness of this DIY skin-lightening cream is concerned, it is proved that Sandalwood is a nourishing agent that helps in reducing dark patches on your skin. It also leaves a healthy look on your face.
Besides this, Green tea contains plenty of antioxidants that curtail the appearance of blemishes. This skin-lightening cream helps in giving a brighter look to your skin.
Method # 03: Using Yoghurt and Lemon
If you want to make a super easy skin lightening cream at home, Yoghurt and lemon skin brightening come comes to your aid.
- Take some fresh lemons and squeeze them. Mix 2tbs of lemon juice with 250 grams of yoghurt.
- You can also add few drops of rose water to add a touch of freshness into the mixture.
- Apply this cream on your face at night before you go to sleep because it is jampacked with lactic acid.
- Keep the mixture stored in an air-tight jar and keep it refrigerated for almost 2 weeks.
This DIY skin-lightening cream helps in brightening your skin and reducing any signs of redness on your face. It also leaves a healthy glow on your skin.
When skin lightening creams available in stores cost you too much, you head towards DIY skin-whitening creams at home.
With few natural ingredients, you form a cream that is not only devoid of harmful chemicals but also exerts beneficial effects on your skin. Homemade skin-lightening creams not only repair your skin, but can also go a long way in enhancing your skin tone.
Try out any of the above-mentioned DIY skin whitening cream!