You can, but we suggest you don’t wear a bra for a spray tan. It may be uncomfortable for some people, but your tan will stick better and last longer.
Whatever you wear on top will probably end up a little bit lighter than the rest of your body since it’ll get less spray tanner. Plus, bra straps are visible and can affect how your spray tan comes out.
If this is your first time going for a spray tan, check out these tips below:
- Don’t wear makeup
- Wear a bikini or underwear
- Exfoliate your skin before your appointment
- Apply lotion to dry skin patches
- Shave or wax the day before your appointment
- Avoid moisturizer, deodorant and perfume before tanning
- Wear loose-fitting clothing afterwards and wait at least eight hours before showering
Preparing for a spray tan ahead of time will give you the best, most even results for your session.
Keep reading if you want to know more about the process of spray tanning and how to prepare for it.
Do you wear underwear for a spray tan?
No, you don’t have to wear underwear or a bathing suit during a spray tan. If you’re afraid of tan lines, it’s best not to wear any type of underwear for the spray tan.
If you are nervous about the tanning solution getting inside your thighs and buttocks, a thong is advisable for a spray tan. A thong is also a good idea if your bikini bottoms tend to leave tan lines around your hips from all of that fabric.
Other options for underwear
You can also wear a paper thong over your underwear or bikini bottoms. For even more coverage, you can wear disposable shorts over your panties.
With reusable underwear, you can get a spray tan every time without worrying about having a million pairs of disposable paper panties.
As you can see, it’s really a matter of personal preference. In fact, if you’re wearing thongs or briefs with a tight band, there’s every chance that you’ll have tan lines that you can’t avoid.
What does the process of spray tanning look like?
The whole process will take you 10-15 minutes, and it is relatively easy. You will stand in a tent and get sprayed with the solution evenly all over by an airbrush applicator gun.
They may ask you to fold your arms, lift one leg at a time, etc., so the technician can spray hard-to-reach areas. Once the technician finishes, they will ask you to put on loose-fitting clothes (at least 20 minutes later) which don’t rub the skin off.
Pro tip: Make sure to visit the bathroom before you start.
Spray tanning is simple, quick and convenient. This is the reason why many people love it. : Getting a spray tan is easier and less time-consuming than most people realize.
Before you get sprayed, you’ll want to do a few things to make sure your tan lasts as long as possible. We have listed our tips and tricks above, so don’t forget to check them out.
Can you spray tan yourself?
You can spray tan yourself, but unless you have a lot of experience in that area, it won’t look as even as when someone else does it for you. Also, I would think that it would be hard to keep your eyes closed the whole time.
Plus, fast breathing techniques come in handy to avoid breathing too much while being sprayed down.
If you take the time to prep and get it right, you can spray tan yourself, but it can be a messy process that won’t always result in an even distribution of colour.
Spray tanning yourself
Here are some tips and tricks for those of you who want to do it on your own:
You’ll want to use a handheld spray tanning solution like some custom kit for a good application.
- If you’ve never done this before, you should do a couple of test runs before going for your first entire session.
- After a few tries, you will learn how fast you have to move your arm to create an even tan.
- Get the right supplies.
- Exfoliate your skin before you start.
- Put on some old clothes and remove all jewellery.
- Set up your space.
- Test the colour on a small area first
- Apply the tanning product evenly.
- Start from the bottom of your body and work your way up to avoid streaks where the tan might start dripping down.
- Be extra careful about your face, hands and feet.
Do guys get spray tanned?
Spray tans have gotten more popular with men over time and are now a good beauty ritual for guys. A spray tan for a guy makes sense for a lot of reasons. Why?
- It’s like a sunless tanner.
- You don’t need to worry about it being streaky, like if your walking outside and you didn’t put enough sunscreen on.
- You can control the amount of “tan” you are getting by using different types of DHA (the active ingredient), which is the strength of the tan.
Conclusion: Do you wear a bra for a spray tan?
No, we don’t wear a bra for a spray tan. And no, we don’t wear underwear for a spray tan. The best choice for us is our swimsuit. We find that it works the best because the fabric allows for maximum coverage and absorption and doesn’t stick to our skin.
Of course, you may have a different preference, but this works for us.
In the end, it’s up to you! No matter how you choose to tan (or not), remember that, your health and well-being are important. If wearing a bra or underwear makes you feel a little bit safer and more comfortable, don’t let anyone make you feel bad about that—including us.
You do you, sweetie. Still, stay bronzed. We hope this article helps you find the answers you are looking for. If you have any suggestions/or questions, we are all ears.
If you want to find out more about fake tans, check out our other blog posts.