Yes, you can apply neem oil directly to the scalp, but it should not come in contact with the eyes. You can then spread it across your hair until everything is fully covered.
Why do people use neem oil for their hair?
Neem oil is traditionally used on the scalp to promote hair growth. It is a very effective natural product that can help you grow inches over time.
If you want to apply neem oil to your hair, make sure you are using safe and organic products.
The best neem oils on the market are listed below:
Premium Natural Organic Neem Oil
How to apply neem oil on hair
You need to dilute the neem oil first and then apply it to your roots and hair; let it sit for about 15 minutes.
How to dilute the neem oil at your home?
- To dilute neem oil, mix one part of pure neem oil with four parts of coconut or olive oil into a bowl.
- Apply diluted neem oil onto damp hair after shampooing for best results
- Leave the diluted mixture in your hair for at least 15 minutes before rinsing out with water or shampoo.
Repeat these steps twice a week for best results; you can even hold the mixture onto your hair longer if it soothes you.
Can you use neem oil undiluted?
If you want to apply neem oil on your hair, make sure you dilute it first because pure neem oil can cause irritation and dryness.
Diluting neem oil will help to avoid the risk of making your hair too oily.
There are many different methods for diluting neem oil, including mixing it with other oils and water.
One way to mix neem oil is by adding 1 tablespoon of carrier oils (such as coconut, jojoba, olive) and then filling the rest with water until you reach the desired consistency.
Another way to mix neem oil is by filling a spray bottle with 3 parts water and 1 part carrier oils (again using coconut, jojoba, olive).
Our advice is to always dilute the neem oil first before use because of the reasons mentioned above, but there are no other serious side effects if you don’t do it.
How fast does neem oil work?
You have put neem oil on your hair, but you don’t notice a difference?
Don’t worry; it can take weeks before you notice any results, but be persistent; it will be worth it.
Neem oil will make your hair grow and become thicker. Yes, regular topical application of neem oil will promote stronger, healthier growth in your locks as long as they are applied with pressure.
When applying any product or lotion onto your head, ensure adequate force.
You can do that by pressing on top-level strands against the scalp while massaging through all layers until complete coverage is achieved.
If you want to speed up the process of growth, you can follow these tips below:
1. Eat a healthy diet
2. Get enough sleep and exercise
3. Drink plenty of water
4. Don’t use too many heat styling products in your hair
5. Use a deep conditioner to help hydrate and repair the hair shafts
6. Try using natural oils like coconut oil or neem oil to moisturize dry scalp or frizzy ends
What are the best oils for hair?
The best oils that can help you with your hair are:
1. Argan oil – helps with frizz and flyaways
2. Castor oil – great for dry scalp and dandruff
3. Coconut oil- improves hair growth, adds shine, and nourishes the scalp
4. Olive oil – prevents split ends and breakage
5. Neem oil- a natural antiseptic that leaves your hair feeling clean without stripping it of its natural oils
6. Tea tree oil- controls oily roots, treats dandruff, reduces shedding, promotes healthy follicles
7) Jojoba Oil – restores moisture to your skin while maintaining the balance of sebum production on your scalp (which can be especially helpful if you have an oily or acne-prone skin type)
8) Rosemary Essential Oil – stimulates blood flow to the head, which can help improve circulation in general as well as stimulate hair growth by delivering more nutrients to the follicle’s root area where they are needed most; also helps keep away lice and other pests from getting into your locks!
9) Lavender Essential Oil – smells wonderful but is also used for soothing headaches as well as improving focus; studies show that lavender may even reduce stress hormones like cortisol after
Use oil 2-3 times per week on clean hair after washing and conditioner/treatment application for best results.
Conclusion: Can I apply neem oil directly on my hair?
Yes, you can apply neem oil directly on your hair; it won’t cause any damage. If you have oily hair, neem oil is perfect for you.
If your scalp is dry, try a lighter, more moisturizing oil like lavender or coconut will work as well. There is a list of natural oils in this blog post to choose the one that best fits your hair type.
Neem oils are also great for deep conditioning – apply it to wet hair and then wrap it in plastic wrap or use an old t-shirt.
You can also mix the oil with other ingredients to create an even stronger mixture – some people love adding peppermint extract to their shampoo because of its refreshing smell.
How to choose the right product?
You can purchase neem oils at any health food store – just make sure they’re cold-pressed so that the nutrients stay intact. We have made the list of best neem oils above, so you can check that out first.
If you have sensitive skin, consult your doctor before using any type of oil. Neem oil can make your scalp itchy or red if you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies.
We hope this blog post gives you some information about neem oil and how you can apply it to your hair.