With so much workload, grinding routine and a tough family life, it becomes somewhat difficult to maintain a good skincare ritual.
But people who are committed to keep their skin flawless, know well how to give a nice finished look to their makeup.
Here the foundations come to the rescue!
Foundations give a perfect coverage to your skin, setting a base for the makeup artistry. It can conceal blemishes and even some of the hyperpigmented areas.
OHH, the flip side may be that some foundations can allow large pores and acne scars to be more prominent and visible.
Large pores tend to be more visible pores because of their tendency to be clogged by dirt, oil, and other particles.
Besides this, they get stretched out with time which makes them look bigger than the usual size.
Related Guide: Best Primers for Textured Skin
It becomes a puzzling task to get your hands on a good-pore coverage foundation that goes an extra mile and also covers the acne scars.
- Quick Look at Best Foundation for Large Pores
- Expert Tips on Getting Rid of Large Pores
- Factors to Consider when Buying Right foundation for Large Pores
- Final Words
Quick Look at Best Foundation for Large Pores
Check out the below table to get a quick look at the top 5 foundations we have selected to be perfect for large pores.
Let’s dive into detailed review of each foundation!
Dermablend Powder FoundationCheck Price on Amazon
This is one of the finest products to cover up your acne scars and other skin flaws as well. It consists of a mattifying formula that helps in making the large poles look smaller in size.
It can be applied easily on the skin because of its compact ingredients. Besides this, it works best for the oily skin.
People with oily, dry or even combined skin type can get their hands on this amazing foundation.
This Dermablend foundation comes in a buildable package that appears in a range of light to high coverage, and makes your skin look super natural.
Furthermore, this foundation also serves to be a non-comedogenic product, helping to curtail the further breakouts on skin.
- A best option for acne prone skin
- Smooth application
- Low to high range of coverage
- Doesn’t make the makeup look cakey
- Well suited for oily and combination skins
- A little bit thick formula
- Not a good option for dry skin
- Rubs off with time
- Allows the appearance of wrinkles in makeup face
Estee Lauder Stay-in-Place Makeup FoundationCheck Price on Amazon
This foundation also works well for large pores. It has a lightweight formula that covers the blemishes of your skin. It is long-lasting as it stays on your face for long time once applied finely.
Being available in 21 flawless shades, it has a huge diversity. It is resistant to heat and humidity which is a bonus point of this foundation.
It gives your skin a smooth finish. Being super buildable, it offers low to high coverage to the skin.
This Estee Launder foundation does not rub off easily and even stays smooth without getting cakey. It is well suited to oily, dry and combination skins.
- It serves to be a long-lasting foundation
- Avoids getting cakey
- Well suited to all skin types
- Keeps heat and humidity at bay
- Might not be a good option for mature skin.
- Can settle in lines and wrinkles on the face
- Can dry out your skin a little
Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte FoundationCheck Price on Amazon
Here comes another amazing option that works well for large pores. It comes in a range of 40 amazing shades.
This foundation is upper lightweight and does not feel like being applied on the skin. It helps in reducing the appearance of large pores on the skin, thus leaving a subtle glow.
It covers up the space left behind by scars and blemishes. It is a non-allergenic, thus not causing any harm to your skin.
A budget friendly foundation that offers a subtle coverage to the skin.
- A natural looking foundation
- Fine coverage
- Put up for long time
- Remains in place, not settling into wrinkles
- Not a good option for dry skin
- Not as much hyped matte as shown in the advertisements
- Can settle into being cakey
Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless!Check Price on Amazon
“Hello Flawless” foundation serves to be one of the widely used foundations for large pores.
This Hello Flawless foundation comes in a great coverage power, being available in a range of 9 different shades. It also gives a satin finish to your skin making it look super natural.
This product is non-allergenic, not causing any harm to your skin and works great for all types of skin.
Another great plus point of this foundation is that it can be applied easily with simple easy-to-go steps. You will never regret buying this fine textured foundation.
- Perfect choice for dry, oil or combination skin tones
- Highly enriched ingredients
- Smooth texture
- Can be applied easily
- Might not a budget-friendly option
- Not a long-lasting foundation as compared to other foundations
Koh Gen Do Aqua FoundationCheck Price on Amazon
This Koh Gen Do foundation is jampacked with amazing ingredients that help your skin get nourished with the mineral it needs.
It works well in hiding the scars and blemishes on your skin. It also protects your skin. it leaves a bright finish on your face without clogging your pores.
Here comes the last product in the list that serves to be one of the best foundations for large pores.
As for shades are concerned, it is available in 10 different shades that give a wide range for selection.
It might not be the cheapest options but it is indeed a best foundation for large pores.
- Can be applied easily
- Well suited to all skin types
- Enriched with minerals
- Available in 10 shades
- Vegan-oriented product
- Not a budget-friendly option
- Might not last as long as you want
Expert Tips on Getting Rid of Large Pores
Although getting rid of large pores is not an overnight task, yet you should be consistent to witness the satisfying results.
Some of the handy tips to get rid of large pores are as follows:
- A simplest tip is to get your hand on water-based products. It helps in keeping your skin clean and fresh.
- Always wash your face in the morning and at night. It will keep your face dirt free at the start and end of the day.
- You should do exfoliation once a week as it helps in removing the dead skin and leave a glow on your skin.
- Make sure you use gel-based cleansers. They are better than the normal cleansers because of their ability to remove he dirt and other particles from your skin surface.
- Go for an application of clay mask. This mask helps in removing the dirt particles, thus minimizing the appearance of large pores on the skin.
- Last but not the least, always wear a sunscreen. It will protect your face against the sun damage, reducing the appearance of large pores.
Factors to Consider when Buying Right foundation for Large Pores
Yeah! Choosing a right foundation that perfectly matches your skin type can be somewhat tough.
Make sure you know some of the basic factors before buying the right foundation for your large pores.
Here is a guide to find a perfect product for you.
Pay Heed to your Skin Type
It is one of the key factors to consider when buying the right foundation for large pores. If you have a dry oily, a liquid foundation having all the essential hydrating features will work best.
If you have an oily skin, a matte foundation will work best for you.
Pay attention to the features mentioned on the label information.
Consider your Skin Tone and Undertone
Your skin tone appears in one of the three basic types i.e. light, medium or dark tone. Take a look at the shades available for any foundation so that you choose the one that blends seamlessly with your skin tone.
Also go on checking the undertone of your skin. If you feel like having a warm complexion, choose the shades having mild yellow undertones.
If your complexion is more inclined towards a cool side, a foundation having traces of pink undertone is the best.
Decide How much Coverage Level you Want
If you want to cover your acne scars and other blemishes, a full coverage foundation is the best.
If want a daily, natural, zero-makeup look, a medium coverage foundation should be easy pick. Choose the coverage level wisely.
Havin large pores or acne scars is not a shame. You need to carry them with full grace by getting your hands on the best-quality foundation.
A foundation that works wonders in covering the scars should be in your cart.
Pay heed to the above-mentioned best foundations for large pores available in the market, tips for reducing large pores and guide to find the perfect product.
Dr. Cynthia Cobb (DNP, APRN, WHNP-BC, FAANP) (2020, April 6). How to Get Rid of Large Pores: 8 Ways. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/how-to-get-rid-of-large-pores